Strata Blog – Preparing your strata investment for lease
Preparing your property for lease will not only attract a good tenant but can yield more dollars in the long run. It will also ensure the whole process is easy from the start.
Here are some items to consider:
- Does your property meet current regulations and safety guidelines ie smoke alarms, window safety, balconies, water and electrical efficiency.
- Start as you mean to go on – present the property sparkling clean in mint condition, don’t just do the basics. If it is broken – fix it.
- Don’t forget the outdoors, entertaining areas, courtyards and gardens – improvements can add value
- Presentation for marketing – stand out from the crowd – consider property styling and professional photos
- Set up landlord insurance
If you would like more information on preparing your strata for lease – contact Helen Hughes on 0412 822 420, who is always happy to help!